Wednesday 9 March 2011

Tuesday 8th March

After dropping the kids off at school I go to the local hardware shop and buy a rake and a spade and secretly eye up all the other gardening tools but not having a clue what they are for or how to use them.
Go home, get changed into my now allocated "allotment" clothes, pick up my shiny new tools and head off on the lovely walk to the allotment.  Its only a 5 min walk but it is very very pretty, cant wait for summer, its going to be beautiful.
So after two hours I have managed to make a pile of the rubbish that will have to go to the skip and I have semi cleared two patches and have a pile to burn.  couldnt set fire to them today as it was rather windy so shall see how it is tomorrow.  I have moved the black tarpaulin stuff to the very back and weighed it down incase I need it for something else.
There is bramble bushes that are growing along the ground (and which trip me up everytime I pass them, you would think I would remember) so I need to get rid of those but need some shears or something. 
So after a lovely two hours I admit defeat and head home feeling quite pleased with how much I have done.
Anyone passing now would look at it and see it is a job in progress rather than an overgrown mess, although there is still a long way to go.
The husband hasnt been too great today so didnt come but am hoping he will come down with me tomorrow and we can make another dent in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog sharing the growth of my allotment. Myself, The husband and the three kids have all recently moved from the town we have always lived in, to a beautiful village 4 miles out of the town in County Durham. When we lived in town the idea of owning an allotment was a distant dream due to lack of allotments and huge waiting lists. When we moved myself and my daughter had gone for a walk, got lost, found some allotments, enquired and was offered one all in the space of a week. I know nothing about "allotmenting" so this will be a huge learning curve. I just keep repeating "it will be lovely when its done"