Tuesday 8 March 2011

Sunday 6th March

Today my Mum and step dad (who used to be a very keen allotmenter *is that a word?*) came up to give me tips and advice.  After the initial "oh my god" they did start to point out the good bits.  Some beds had been dug and covered with tarpaulin stuff (Im sure this has an official term) and just needed a little TLC.  Shortly after they had been my sis and her partner (also keen veg growers) arrived and they too were very optimisitic and pointed out the good stuff.  We have no tools as yet which is a shame as today was such a beautiful day and perfect for spending the day digging etc
The husband has drawn plans of what we will do and what we will need. 
I have realised this opens up a whole new avenue of shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog sharing the growth of my allotment. Myself, The husband and the three kids have all recently moved from the town we have always lived in, to a beautiful village 4 miles out of the town in County Durham. When we lived in town the idea of owning an allotment was a distant dream due to lack of allotments and huge waiting lists. When we moved myself and my daughter had gone for a walk, got lost, found some allotments, enquired and was offered one all in the space of a week. I know nothing about "allotmenting" so this will be a huge learning curve. I just keep repeating "it will be lovely when its done"